Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
MGPE-8 Solved Assignment English Medium 2023-24 for July 2023 and January 2024 Session
GANDHI AND PEACE STUDIES
Master of Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies (MAGPS)
Post Graduate Diploma in Gandhi and Peace Studies (PGDGPS)
Post Graduate Certificate in Gandhi and Peace Studies (PGCGPS)
M.G.P.E-08 GANDHIAN APPROACH TO PEACE AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT (TMA)
Course Code: MGPE-008
Assignment Code: MGPE-008/ASST/TMA/2023-24
Answer five questions in all, selecting at least two questions from each section. Each question is to be answered in about 500 words. Each question carries 20 marks.
- “Non-violence and forgiveness are essential for the community peace”. Do you agree with the Gandhian view?
- Enumerate the fundamental concepts in Gandhian thought and practice.
- Discuss the idea of Shanti Sena and its role in conflict resolution.
- Describe the role of tolerance in the making of a harmonious society.
- Explain the concept of positive peace.
Write a short note on each part of the question in about 250 words:
- a) People‟s participation in peace process
- b) India’s role in Sri Lanka ethnic conflict
- a) Relevance of dialogue and negotiation in the contemporary world
- b) Role of military in the politics of Myanmar
- a) The concept of Mediation
- b) Gandhi‟s views on fasting and its relevance today
- a) Arms Race and Materialism
- b) Gandhi‟s vision of Community Peace
- a) Untouchability : An obstacle in harmonious society
- b) Gandhi‟s twin-principles of peace: Truth and Non-violence
MGPE8, MGPE 8