Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
MGPE-13 Solved Assignment English Medium 2023-24 for July 2023 and January 2024 Session
GANDHI AND PEACE STUDIES
Master of Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies (MAGPS)
Post Graduate Diploma in Gandhi and Peace Studies (PGDGPS)
Post Graduate Certificate in Gandhi and Peace Studies (PGCGPS)
M.G.P.E-013 CIVIL SOCIETY, POLITICAL REGIMES AND CONFLICT
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT (TMA)
Course Code: MGPE-013
Assignment Code: MGPE-013/ASST/TMA/2023-24
Answer five questions in all, selecting at least two questions from each section. Each questionis to be answered in about 500 words. Each question carries 20 marks.
- Critically analyse Gramsci‟s concept of civil society.
- Swaraj for Gandhi is self-reliance and self-government. Explain.
- Discuss the various approaches to the study of Panchayati Raj Institutions.
- Discuss the role of NGOs for mobilizing voluntary action.
- How the Grameen Bank is working towards eradicating poverty and hunger? Explain briefly.
Write a short note on each part of the question in about 250 words:
- a) The origins and notion of civil society
- b) War on terrorism and political regimes
- a) Civil society‟s relevance in Asia
- b) Gandhian civil society: An answer for global peace
- a) Trace the origin and evolution of peace movements
- b) Anti-Nuclear Protest Movements
- a) The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR)
- b) The UN Charter and the United Nations
- a) The relationship between state and civil society
- b) The concepts of resistance and protest
MGPE13, MGPE 13