Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
Course Code : MFP -3
Course Title : Commodity Markets
Assignment Code : MFP -3/TMA/JAN/2023
Coverage : All Blocks
Note: Attempt all the questions and submit this assignment to the coordinator of your study centre. Last date of submission for January 2023 session is 30th April, 2023 and for July 2023 session is 31st October, 2023.
- Try to analyse, using practical examples, how different market participants use commodity derivatives to mitigate risk.
- Discuss the features and functionalities of the user interface for trading in commodity futures on the electronic online trading system of MCX.
- Discuss the trends in Gold trade during the past 5 years. Also analyze the major policy changes that have taken place in this.
- What is ‘Emission Trading’? Explain the use of Futures on Carbon Credits for mitigating risk of increasing costs in pollution control. Also discuss the present status of ‘Emission Trading’ in India.
- Describe the application of long and short Hedge in managing risk using commodity futures with the help of suitable examples.