Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
NEW LITERATURES IN ENGLISH
Attempt all the ten questions and answer each question in approximately 500 words.
- Discuss the relationship between literature and social commitment with reference to the texts in your course.
- A Grain of Wheat is a novel about Kenya’s struggle for freedom. Discuss.
- What political statement does Soyinka make in his play A Dance of the Forests?
- Discuss the manner in which Bapsi Sidhwa presents the partition in Ice-Candy Man.
- Examine A House for Mr. Biswas as a diasporic novel.
- Write a critical account of the relationship between history and language in Derek Walcott’s poetry.
- Analyse the evolution of a distinct ‘video style’ in Braithwaite’s poems.
- The characters in The Solid Mandala are a reflection of the themes of the novel. Discuss.
- What are the various functions that the stone angel serves in the novel The Stone Angel?
- Migrant intellectuals have played a significant role in institutionalizing postcolonial theory. Discuss.
MEG8, MEG 8 ENGLISH MEDIUM