Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
MEG-19 Solved Assignment 2023-24 for July 2023 and January 2024 Session
THE AUSTRALIAN NOVEL
Course Code: MEG 19
Max. Marks: 100
Answer all questions in this assignment.
- Consider The Tree of Man by Patrick White as a pioneer novel.
- Explain the significance of the title of Yasmine Gooneratne’s novel A Change of Skies.
- “Kim Scott’s novel Benang is a polyphonic text.” Comment on this statement.
- Discuss with suitable examples, how Peter Carey mingles ‘fiction’ with ‘historical accounts’ in his effort to arrive at a ‘true history’ of a social outlaw, in True History of the Kelly Gang. 20
- Write short notes of around 200 words each on the following:
(a) Trace the development of the novel in nineteenth century Australia, and critically evaluate its themes and concerns.
(b) Examine how Keneally engages with the complex nature of righteousness and virtue through the character Oskar Schindler in Schindler’s Ark.
MEG19, MEG 19