Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
MASTER’S DEGREE IN ENGLISH (MEG-1)
(Based on Blocks (1 – 10)
Course Code: MEG-01
Assignment Code: MEG-01/TMA/2023-24
Max. Marks: 100
Note: Attempt any five questions. Question number 1 is compulsory.
1. Explain any two of the excerpts of poems given below with reference to their context:
(i) Ye Presences of Nature, in the sky
And on the earth ! Ye Visions of the hills !
And Souls of lonely places ! can I think
A vulgar hope was yours when ye employed
(ii) Tyger ! Tyger ! burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye,
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?
(iii) My first thought was, he lied in every word,
That hoary cripple, with malicious eye
Askance to watch the workings of his lie
Is an art, like everything else.
I do it exceptionally well.
2. Discuss Chaucer’s handling of the fable in ‘The Nun’s Priest’s Tale’.
3. Consider ‘The Garden’ by Andrew Marvell as a didactic poem.
4. Attempt a critical appreciation of ‘The Triumph of Life’ by P.B. Shelley.
5. What was the Reformation? What relations can you identify and trace between the Renaissance and the Reformation.
6. Bring out the theme of ‘Church Going’ by Philip Larkin.
meg1, meg 1 english medium