Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
BEGC-112 Solved Assignment 2023-24 for July 2023 and January 2024 Session
BRITISH LITERATURE : EARLY TWENTIETH CENTURY
Programme: BAEGH /2023/2024
Course Code: BEGC 112
Max. Marks: 100
Answer all questions in this assignment.
I Explain the following passages with reference to the context.
- ““What are you saying Septimus,” Rezia asked, wild with terror, for he was talking to himself. She sent Agnes running for Dr. Holmes. Her husband, she said, was mad. He scarcely knew her. “You brute! You brute!” cried Septimus, seeing human nature, that is Dr. Holmes enter the room.”
- “….. but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?”
- “We returned to our places, these Kingdoms,
But no longer at ease here, in the old dispensation,
With an alien people clutching their gods.
I should be glad of another death.”
- “He was found by the Bureau of Statistics to be
One against whom there was no official complaint,
And all the reports on his conduct agree
That, in the modern sense of an old-fashioned word, he was a saint.”
- Write short notes on the following:
- The major characteristics of modernism
- British War Poetry of the early twentieth century.
- The central theme of the poem “The Second Coming”.
- Symbolism in “The Journey of the Magi”.
III. Write short essays on the following:
- Explain the title of the poem “I think continually of those who are truly great.”
- Discuss how Virginia Woolf employs the “Stream of Consciousness Technique” in her novels. How did her novels differ from those novels written in the realist tradition?
- Discuss the psychoanalytic readings of D. H. Lawrence’s novel Sons and Lovers.
BEGC112, BEGC 112