Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
TS-6: TOURISM MARKETING
(TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT)
Course Code: TS-6
Total Mark: 100
Assignment Code: TS-6/TMA/2023
Note: This TMA consists of ten questions, out of which you have to attempt any five. The question carries 20 marks each and should be answered in about 500 words. Send your TMA to the Coordinator of your Study Centre.
1. Explain, citing relevant examples, why marketing of tourism is a complex process.
2. What is meant by market segmentation? Discuss variables used for tourism market segmentation.
3. Define competitive analysis and competitive strategies. Why are they necessary in tourism marketing? Give suitable example.
4. Mention the purposes for which familiarization tours are conducted. Who all would you invite for the tour and which type of destination will be visited?
5. Define Product Mix, Product line and Product item. What factors should be considered while designing a tourism product?
6. What is meant by sustainable tourism? How does socially responsible marketing contribute to the sustainable development of a destination?
7. Discuss the role and importance of National Tourist Organisation in the marketing of tourism destination.
8. Write a detailed note on the 5th P in tourism marketing. Support your answer with suitable example.
9. Describe the various levels of the distribution channels for tourism products and services. Also explain the factors which influence the selection of distribution channels.
10. Write short notes on the following in about 150 words.
a) Purpose of market research
b) AIDA Formula
c) Brochures as Promotional tool
d) NGO’s role in creating tourism awareness
TS6, TS 6