Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
MS-57 Solved Assignment 2023-24 for July 2023 and January 2024 Session
Course Code : MS-57
Course Title : Maintenance Management
Assignment Code : MS-57/TMA/ JULY/2023
Coverage : All Blocks
Note: Attempt all the questions and submit this assignment to the Coordinator of your study centre. Last date of submission for July 2023 session is 31st October, 2023 and for January 2024 session is 30th April 2024.
1. Discuss the objectives and functions of a maintenance system. Explain how the total maintenance cost is affected by the level of preventive maintenance.
2. What do you mean by continuous improvement? Explain the similarities and dissimilarities between Deming’s PDCA Cycle and CAPD Cycle.
3. Write a short note on the following:
a. Reliability centred Maintenance (RCM)
b. Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
c. Predictive Maintenance
d. Maintenance Audit
4. What is a ‘bath-tub’ curve? Briefly describe the three regions into which life cycle of a unit or device can be subdivided.
5. What parameters are used for machine vibration monitoring? Mention the conditions under which they are used for machine condition monitoring.
MS57, MS 57