Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
MIP-106: Plant Varieties protection, Biotechnology
Course Code: MIP-106
Assignment Code: MIP-106/TMA/2023
Maximum Marks: 100
• This assignment is based on Block 1 to 4 of the course.
• All questions are compulsory.
• Please answers in your own words; do not copy from the course material.
• Answer any Ten questions
1. Distinguish CMOs in Traditional Mode from their Modern Version.
2. Discuss the European Directive on Protection of Biotechnological inventions.
3. Write a short note on the substance of the Internet Treaties.
4. Discuss the basic requirement which a characteristic should fulfill before it is used for DUS testing.
5. Why do we need collective administration of copyright?
6. Discuss the problems in enforcing the Plant Breeder Rights (PBRs).
7. Define Copyright with reference to Section 14 of the Copyright Act, 1957 and court decisions. Also give examples of the types of works that are covered by copyright.
8. Write a note on the rationale for Farmer’s Rights.
9. Discuss the duties of the standing committee of the PPVFR in the promotion and protection of new plant varieties.
10. Describe in detail the procedure for registration of copyright?
11. Explain the issue of access and benefit sharing and the provisions on its implementation under CBD (Convention on Biological Diversity.
12. What all happens in Collective Management of Copyright and Related Rights?
MIP106, MIP 106 ENGLISH MEDIUM