Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
BSOE-142 Solved Assignment English Medium 2023-24 for July 2023 and January 2024 Session
B.S.O.E-142 INDIAN SOCIOLOGICAL TRADITIONS
Course Code: BSOE 142
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/ 2023-24
Total Marks: 100
Answer the following questions in about 500 words each. Each question carries 20 marks.
- In what way do girls develop gendered identity in families? Discuss with reference to the viewpoint of Leela Dube.
- Explain Verrier Elwin’s contribution to the understanding of tribal identity.
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each. Each question carries 10 marks.
- What did Rankrishna Mukherjee mean by ‘sociology of Indian sociology’? Explain.
- Present Joshi’s oritique of ‘The Remembered Village’ study.
- Discuss A. R. Desai’s view on role of the state in capitalist transformation in India.
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each. Each question carries 6 marks.
- Outline the criteria used by N.K. Bose to classify tribal communities in India.
- Outline D.P. Mukerji’s view on the role of tradition in Indian society?
- What was the approach of Ghurye in studying caste in Indian society? Explain.
- Explain Radhakamal Mukerjee’s use of anchiortive approach to urban social problems.
- Compare the Bombay School with Lucknow School in the Discipline of Sociology.
BSOE142, BSOE 142