Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
BSOC-133 Solved Assignment English Medium 2023-24 for July 2023 and January 2024 Session
B.S.O.C-133 SOCIOLOGICAL THEORIES
Course Code: BSOC 133
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/ 2023-24
Total Marks: 100
Answer the following questions in about 500 words each. Each question carries 20 marks.
- What is Capitalism? Compare Marx’s and Weber’s views on capitalism.
- Discuss the contribution of Durkheim to sociology of religion.
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each. Each question carries 10 marks.
- Do you think class antagonism and subsequently class conflict in the capitalist system will usher in socialism? Discuss with reference to the writings of Marx.
- What did Durkheim mean by ‘collective conscience’?
- Explain the rules for distinguishing between normal and pathological social facts.
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each. Each question carries 6 marks.
- What is the difference between organic solidarity and mechanical solidarity?
- Outline Weber’s view on values in social sciences.
- What did Weber mean by ‘ideal type’?
- Explain Marxian notion of society.
- Explain Marx’s viewpoint on consequences of division of labour.
BSOC133, BSOC 133