NOTE: All questions are compulsory.
Answer the following descriptive category questions in about 500 words each. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Discuss the behavioural approaches to psychopathology.
2. Explain the concept of normality and abnormality.
Answer the following short category questions in about 100 words each. Each question carries 5 marks.
3. Differentiate between predisposing, precipitating and perpetuating factors in the causation of psychopathology.
4. Explain different types of attachment styles.
5. What is clinical interview?
6. Describe the three phases in cognitive behavior therapy.
7. Define intellectual disability.
8. What are the causes of generalized anxiety disorder?
UNDERSTANDING PSYCHOLOGICAL DISORDERS (BPCC 111)
Conduct a survey of school going higher secondary students and undergraduate college students on their eating patterns and eating behavior. Prepare a questionnaire consisting of at least ten questions. Refer to the unit on eating disorders and find out the criteria and symptoms of eating disorders. Analyze the responses received and find out the patterns of problem eating behavior and prevalence of eating disorders. Think and write on what factors might contribute to these unhealthy eating behaviours in the young population.
The format of the questionnaire needs to include:
• Minimum ten questions related to the thinking, emotions and behaviour of the young people related to eating
• Personal details of the sample such as: name (optional), age, sex, class, educational qualification, occupation if any, type of family, marital status etc. relevant in the context of the particular activity.
• Can include open-ended questions also
Sample: Minimum 15 students from each category of higher secondary school and undergraduate college students
After the data is collected, you can use simple statistics such as calculating mean, percentage, difference etc. The data may be presented in tabular and graphical form as required. The data can also be collected and analyzed qualitatively. Findings need to be discussed in the light of the theoretical inputs.
Format of the Tutorial report:
The tutorial activity report will be written by hand only. It can consist of the following parts:
1. Title page (write Tutorial Activity of BPCC 111, mention your name and enrolment number)
2. Background/ Introducing the topic (around 200 words)
3. Methodology (around 150 words)
a. Sample details
b. Preparation of the questionnaire
c. Data collection procedure
4. Findings (around 250 words)
5. Discussion and Conclusion (around 300 words)
6. Implications (around 100 words)
a. Questionnaire used
b. Filled in questionnaire/ raw data
c. Reference sources used for doing the activity
The tutorial report may be written in about 1000 words. Focus needs to be on the findings and discussion of the data. Implications of the findings need to be highlighted.
Tutorial report will be put at the end in the assignment file of BPCC 111 and submitted at the study centre.
There are no reviews yet.