Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
BEGC-132 Solved Assignment 2023-24 for July 2023 and January 2024 Session
SELECTIONS FROM INDIAN WRITING: CULTURAL DIVERSITY
Assignment July, 2023 & January, 2024 Sessions
(Based on Blocks 1 – 4)
Course Code: BEGC-132/ 2023-2024
Max. Marks: 100
This assignment is split up into three sections: A, B and C.
Attempt ALL the questions.
Explain the following with reference to the context:
- O good soldier,
Know when you’re beaten.
And now, that question
Which we just referred to in connection with the so-called language battle,
Let’s put it this way:
Were we and those on behalf of whom we fought
The same folk?
- You need no book, Rasha Sundari
no paper or pen either
you have the black, smudgy kitchen wall
for your magical scribbles
lines, ellipses, curves
all of them your secret codes for
a whole new world.
- No, I don’t work for a Shah
I said, but for a Shahni, very kind, very well off
And I am not the only one
Working for her
She has many servants
Ever ready to do her bidding
- These are the colours of destiny
Of immutable also
and the colours also
with which warring pawns
Are daily decorating our towns.
Write short notes on the following:
- The aesthetics of Dalit Writing.
- The Bhakti movement and Indian literature.
- The impact of cultural negotiations on the literature of the Northeast.
- Discuss MK Naik’s views with regard to English in India, balancing them with your own ideas on the issue.
BEGC132, BEGC 132