Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
BEGC-105 Solved Assignment 2023-24 for July 2023 and January 2024 Session
Answer July 2023 & January 2024 Sessions
(Based on Blocks 1 – 4)
Max. Marks: 100
Answer all questions.
Answer with reference to the context:
(i) Exult O shores, and ring O bells!
But I with mournful tread.
Walk the deck my captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.
(ii) The Crow God as depicted
in all of the reliable Crow bibles
looks exactly like a Crow.
(iii) They added ridge to valley, brook to pond
And signed for all that bounded their domain;
We must have clay, lime, gravel, granite-ledge,
(iv) We slowly drove-he knew no haste
and I had put away
My labour and leisure too,
for his civility.
Answer the following in about 300 words each:
- Interpret the “Brahma” in terms of Indian thought.
- Write a critical note on ‘Passage to India’.
- What is the source of Emily Dickinson’s biographical details?
- Write a critical appreciation of the poem .
Answer the following questions in about 600 words each:
- What were the prominent themes that captured the imagination of writers of short fiction? Discuss.
- How did Henrik Ibsen contribute to the growth of modern American drama?
- Does Hawthorne accept the moral ideas of Puritans, especially regarding adultery? Discuss it with reference to the texts prescribed for you.
- What are the special features of The Scarlet Letter as a fictional work? Elaborate on it.
BEGC105, BEGC 105