Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
MSO-3 Solved Assignment English Medium 2023-24 for July 2023 and January 2024 Session
M.S.O-03 SOCIOLOGY OF DEVELOPMENT
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Core Course in M.A. Sociology
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Programme Code: MSO
Course Code: MSO-003
Assignment Code: MSO-003/AST/TMA/2023-24
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer any five questions selecting at least two from each of the sections. Your answers should be in about 500 words each.
- What is Development? Discuss the social and human dimensions of development.
- What is Green Peace Movement? Discuss its relevance in contemporary world.
- Explain in detail the concept of ethno-development and its relevance in India’s developmental strategy.
- Discuss the impacts of large dams on the economic, social and ecological aspects of the society?
- What is knowledge/Information Society? Analyze the role of the role of knowledge and ICTs in empowering communities.
- Discuss in detail the emergence and growth of people science movement.
- Explain in detail the role of State on population control.
- What do you understand by ‘human development’? How does it differ from economic development.
- Describe dependency theory and delineate its salient features.
- Discuss the role of civil society for the empowerment of the marginalized sections of the society.
MSO3, MSO 3