Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
MPA-002: UNDERSTADING MAN-MADE DISASTERS
Course Code: MPA-002
Assignment Code: Asst/TMA/2023
This assignment consists of Sections I and II. There are five questions in each section. You have to answer a total of five questions in about 400 words each. It is necessary to attempt at least two questions from each section. Each question carries 10 marks.
1) Discuss the nature and various types of man – made disasters.
2) What are the major causes and effects of biological disasters?
3) Describe the strategies to mitigate coal fire disaster.
4) Explain the types of building fires.
5) ‘Preparedness and response are important steps in oil fire management.’ Comment.
Section – II
6) Discuss the ecological and health effects of air pollution.
7) Examine the impact of industrial effluents on environment and humans.
8) ‘Deforestation is causing multiple societal and environmental problems.’ Explain.
9) Examine the disaster management practices in rail accidents and suggest necessary measures to mitigate these disasters.
10) Discuss the causes and impacts of air accidents.
MPA2, MPA 2