Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
MEG-2 Solved Assignment 2023-24 for July 2023 and January 2024 Session
(Based on Blocks (1-9)
Max. Marks: 100
Section A is compulsory. Attempt any four questions in Section B
- Critically comment on the following passages with reference to the context, in not more than 150 words each: (4×5=20)
(a) O, my offence is rank, it smells to heaven, It had the primal eldest curse upon’t A brother’s murder! Pray can I not. Though inclination be as sharp as will.
(b) Galatea never does quite like Pygmalion: relation to her is too godlike to be altogether agreeable.
(c) What boots it then to think of God or heaven ? Away with such fancies and despair;
Despairin God, and trust in Beelzebub … Abjure this magic, turn to God again.
(d) Astride of a grave and a difficult birth
Down in the hole, lingeringly,
the gravedigger puts on the forceps.
We have time to grow old. The air is full of our cries. But habit is a great deadener.
- “Beckett rejects the received logic of form and conventional structure.” Critically comment. (20)
- Discuss the typical Shakespearean comic elements in the play in A Midsummer Night’s Dream. (20)
- What do you think is the dominant quality of Hamlet’s character? Discuss with suitable examples. (20)
- Can The Alchemist be understood as a satire? Give suitable examples.(20)
- Discuss the play Pygmalion as a romance? Elaborate. (20)
- Discuss the art of characterisation in The Playboy of the Western World? (20)
- Discuss Murder in the Cathedral as a poetic drama.(20)
- Comment on the historical significance of Look Back in Anger. (20)
- Discuss the Romantic and Modernist conceptions of character in the presentation of Jimmy as the play’s protagonist. (20)
MEG2, MEG 2