Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
MASTER’S DEGREE IN ENGLISH (MEG-18)
Course Code: MEG-18
Assignment Code: MEG-18/TMA/2023-24
Max. Marks: 100
Attempt any five questions. All questions carry equal marks.
- Enumerate on the Revolutionary War and Treaty of Paris and their impact on American poetry
- Write short notes on:
- a) American Spirit
- b) Puritan Spirit
- Philip Freneau’s poem, “The Wild Honey Suckle” is a political document engaging American national landscape – discuss.
- How does the choice of words in the poem “I Taste a Liquor Never Brewed” help to illustrate the idea of drunkenness?
- Critically appreciate Robert Lowell’s poem, “For the Union Dead”
- Discuss the use of imageries by Joy Harjo and Leslie Marmon Silko in the poems given in your syllabus.
MEG18, MEG 18 ENGLISH MEDIUM