Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
MEC-107 Solved Assignment English Medium 2023-24 for July 2023 and January 2024 Session
INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND FINANCE
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
(For the Students who have taken admission in July 2023 Academic Cycle)
Course Code: MEC 107
Assignment Code: Asst /TMA /2023-24
Total Marks: 100
Note: Answer all the questions.
Answer the following questions in about 700 words each. Each question carries 20 marks.
- a. Discuss India’s transformation from GATT to WTO. What is India’s contribution to WTO concerning agriculture?
- Describe the role that WTO plays in achieving sustainable development and protecting the environment.
- a. Country A is a large country while Country B is a small country. Both countries decided to impose tariffs on their imports. What will be the impact of this decision on their producers, suppliers and economy as a whole? Explain with the help of diagrams.
- Is trade still possible between two nations if they have identical production possibilities curves? Explain with the help of a diagram.
Answer the following questions in about 400 words each. Each question carries 12 marks.
- Why do countries engage in Intra-Industry trade? Explain Intra-Industry trade in horizontally and vertically differentiated Commodities.
- Explain the causes behind the global financial crisis of 2008. What were its macroeconomic effects? What were the policy responses initiated by the U S government to combat the global financial crisis of 2008?
- a. What does the Rybczynski theorem postulate? Point out the important factors which could be analysed in the context of Rybczynski’s theorem.
- Point out five major assumptions of the Heckscher-Ohlin theory.
- Why is a persistent deficit in the balance of payments undesirable? What policy measures are available to achieve an improvement in a country’s BoP?
- Write short notes on the following:
- a) Outward-oriented development strategies
- b) Environmental Kuznets Curve hypothesis
- c) The Impossible Trinity
- d) Fixed versus floating exchange rate
MEC107, MEC 107