Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
MCD-3 Solved Assignment 2023 for January 2023 and July 2023 Session
(Tutor Marked Assignment)
Course Code: MCD-003
Assignment Code: MCD-003/TMA-1/2023
30th September, 2023 for January, 2023 session
30th March, 2024 for July, 2023 session
Total Marks: 100
All Three Sections – A, B and C of this assignment are compulsory.
Answer the following question in 1000 words each. There is an internal choice.
1) Often children are taught counting by making them recite and copy number names in their notebooks. Why is this pedagogy problematic? Discuss the correct way of introducing children to counting.
Often children show a lack of understanding of the concept of place value while doing addition problems. Why does it happen? Discuss the correct way of introducing children to the concept of place value and addition.
2) Language and thinking are interlinked and support the development of each other. Discuss!
How is the oral language treated in a typical/traditional classroom? What are its implication for the child’s language and literacy development?
3) Discuss with the help of an example what happens if diversity is not respected in the classroom and how it is a resource in the EVS learning of children.
List various concepts, process skills, values, and attitudes that can be developed while teaching the theme of ‘Water’ to Grade 2 children. Also briefly share three activities/strategies you would use to develop these.
Answer the following questions in 400 words each.
4) How would you use an everyday experience from the children’s life to teach them skill of data handling? Discuss with the help of an example.
5) What do you understand by the term ‘Balance’ in the Balanced Comprehensive Approach to Literacy?
6) How can the skill of estimation be developed and nurtured with the help of various other mathematical concepts? Choose one concept (Number, Addition, Subtraction, and Measurement) and discuss.
7) Why should EVS be integrated with Language and Mathematics during the early primary years?
8) “A child’s scribbles should be considered as writing.” Discuss the statement.
Answer the following question in 100-150 words each.
9) Write a short note on the given:
a) Embedded Phonics
b) Process Skills
c) One-to-One Correspondence
d) BICS and CALP
e) Unit Plan
MCD3, MCD 3