Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
MSO-4 Solved Assignment English Medium 2023-24 for July 2023 and January 2024 Session
M.S.O-04 SOCIOLOGY IN INDIA
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Masters in Sociology
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Programme Code: MSO
Course Code: MSO-004
Assignment Code: MSO-004/AST/TMA/2023-24
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer any five questions selecting at least two from each Section. Your answer should be in about 500 words each.
- Describe the heritage of social thought in India which led to the emergence of sociology.
- Discuss with suitable examples the major research on villages in India.
- Define the concept of caste and discuss the Brahminic perspective on caste in India with suitable examples.
- Explain with examples the forces of social and technological changes that impact the kinship institution in India.
- Describe the changing values and life-style amongst the middle class woman.
- What are the major agrarian classes in India? Discuss with reference to the contributions of different Sociologists.
- Discuss the relationship between tribe and caste in India with suitable examples.
- Discuss critically the concepts of caste, class and gender in India. 20
- How does the rural and urban societies change during a social or natural disaster like an epidemic or earthquake. Discuss critically.
- Write short notes on any two of the following:
- a) Concept of Sanskritization
- b) Globalisation and its impact
- c) Define social movement.
- d) Social change and Social revolution.
MSO4, MSO 4