Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
BEGC-109 Solved Assignment 2023-24 for July 2023 and January 2024 Session
BRITISH ROMANTIC LITERATURE
Course Code: BEGC-109
Answer any five questions. All questions carry equal marks. (20 x 5 = 100)
- Define ‘Romantic Literature’ explaining the origin of the term ‘Romantic’, giving various definitions, and elucidating salient features of romanticism.
- Explain in detail the formal features of folk poetry.
- What is the relationship between innocence and experience as Blake sees it?
- What is the difference between the language of poetry and the language of prose in Wordsworth’s view? Is it valid?
- What is the justification for calling Keats the “Poet’s Poet”? Give a reasoned answer.
- Give an account of the punishment suffered by the Mariner. Attempt to show the various stages and the different kinds of suffering he undergoes.
- Write a note on Lamb’s characteristic humour and pathos with reference to the essay you studied?
- What in the short run was the aim of The Vision of Judgement? Elucidate it.
- Discuss the development of thought in ‘Ode to Nightingale’.
- What major aspects can be attributed for Mary Shelley to become a great writer? Contextualize your answer with reference to the texts prescribed for you.
BEGC109, BEGC 109