Follow us on Google News - IGNOU SERVICE
BEGC-108 Solved Assignment 2023-24 for July 2023 and January 2024 Session
BRITISH LITERATURE : 18TH CENTURY
July2023 andJanuary,2024 Sessions
(Based on Blocks 1 – 4)
Max. Marks: 100
Answer all questions.
- Write short notes on the following in about 200 words each:
i) Historical Circumstances of 17 th and 18 th Century England.
iii) Major Characteristics of Restoration Period
iv) Poetry in 18 th century
Answer the following in about 300 words each:
- Comment on the development of the character of Robinson Crusoe in the story.
- Critically analyse important characters of Gulliver’s Travels Book III.
- What is the “The Way of the World” solution to the Hobbesian power struggle?
- What meaning does the term “Age of Sensibility” convey to you?
- How does the novel foreground that cultural colonization and geographical conquering go hand in hand?
- Write a critical summary of Gulliver’s Travels Book IV.
- Critically analyse the major themes in “The Way of the World”
- Discuss some critical assumptions about the epitaph of the Elegy.
- Discuss the metaphors and personifications used in the Elegy.
BEGC108, BEGC 108